Party Wall Surveyors with 26 years’ experience

Philip Goacher Associates have been acting as expert Party Wall Surveyors in Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, Surrey and London since 1996 when the Party Wall Etc Act 1996 became law. Call now on 01903 217723 or email

Our Party Wall Surveyors

Our Party Wall Surveyors work closely with Building Owners and Adjoining Owners to ensure that all aspects of the Party Wall etc Act 1996 are followed closely, allowing the building work to continue without delays and in line with the law.

Why you need a Party Wall Surveyor

Party Wall Surveyors are required when the Party Wall etc Act 1996 needs to be enforced – which is any instance whereby building works will affect a neighbouring property or the ‘party wall’ or ‘party structure’ that is shared between two properties. Where building works may affect the Adjoining Owner’s property a Party Wall Notice is required, sent by the Building Owner (i.e. the party undertaking the works) to the Adjoining Owner (i.e. the neighbour). At this stage, a Surveyor can be appointed by the Building Owner to draw up the Notice.

The Party Wall Notice informs the Adjoining Owner that building works will soon be taking place on or near the party line. The Adjoining Owner can either agree to the works or dissent, in which case the Adjoining Owner will need to appoint either an Agreed Surveyor or an Adjoining Owner’s Surveyor to ensure the welfare of the property throughout the duration of the works.

Our Service

We can act as Party Wall Surveyors for Building Owners or Adjoining Owners, as an Agreed Surveyor acting on behalf of both parties, or as a named Third Surveyor in cases where disputes arise.

Company Profile

Our Managing Director is a member of the Institution of Structural Engineers and as such we follow the strict ethical and professional guidelines set out by the Institution, and we abide by the ISO 9001 Quality Standards.

  • Managing Director: Philip Goacher – Eur Ing., B.Sc. (Hons), C.Eng., MICE, M.I.Struct.E
  • Personnel: 7 Structural Engineers and 2 other support staff.

Want to learn more? Simply use the menus at the top to find out more about our services and download your FREE Party Wall guides for Building Owners and Adjoining Owners, written by our own expert Party Wall Surveyors.

Call Now Button